- Island: Efate
- Area: Port Vila
- Primary phone number: 35710
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Listed: October 10, 2017 9:47 am
- Expires: 27 days
Peace Corps Vanuatu wishes to recruit a highly qualified candidate to serve as Executive and Communications Assistant to the Country Director (CD). The Executive and Communications Assistant provides direct secretarial and administrative support to the CD; maintaining the CD’s calendar and all staff calendar; screening and responding as appropriate to phone calls, correspondence, responding to other inquiries; assisting in managing the Post’s print and electronic communications including the annual report, the monthly newsletter and maintaining a lively web presence; as well and performing other duties that might be assigned by the CD.
Work Hours: Full Time (40 hrs. per week), Monday – Friday. Candidate must have the ability to be flexible in order to respond to matters that may occur after working hours and on weekends.
Requirements: Applicants for this position must demonstrate the following capabilities:
- University degree in Education or management
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Able to pass a U.S. Embassy background security investigation
- Possession of valid driver’s license; and ability to drive both manual and automatic transmission vehicles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Bislama. *Preference given to applicants who also have French language speaking/writing skills.
Qualifications: Applicants for this position must demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Five years administrative office experience, preferably as an executive secretary or executive assistant; preference will be given to individuals with public relations and/or communications backgrounds.
- Ability to initiate the preparation and writing of reports, meeting minutes, and executive correspondence.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills with the ability to coordinate a variety of projects simultaneously, create priorities for projects and tasks, and expedite urgent matters.
- Demonstrated skill in interpersonal communication and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Skillful at developing and maintaining efficient office systems including filing systems, checklists, task lists, records, and administrative control systems, both electronically and in hard copy.
- Very strong typing skills (rated high accuracy at a minimum speed of 55 words per minute.)
- Highly accurate listening and note taking skills.
- Serve as the back-up to the Information Technology Specialist (ITS).
- Willing to work occasional after work hours or on weekends
- Other: Commitment to the goals and values of the Peace Corps. Proficiency in MS Office suite and ability to effectively learn PC data systems; must be able to maintain the CD and staff calendars on the Outlook Calendar; Must exhibit good judgment, courtesy, tact and the proper protocol when interacting with Government of Vanuatu, USG and other government and non-government entities, Volunteers, visitors and other members of the public. Experience with Peace Corps or United States Government preferred.
Annual basic starting salary range for the position begins at VT3,091,525 per annum. Candidates can obtain the full Statement of Work for this vacant position at the Peace Corps office or by emailing email@example.com
Candidates interested in this position should submit: 1) Cover Letter addressing how the candidate meets the requirements and qualifications; 2) Curriculum Vitae; 3) Three References with current contact information.
Acceptable methods of submission include:
- Mail: Acting Director of Management & Operations, U.S. Peace Corps Vanuatu, Private Mail Bag 9097, Port Vila Vanuatu
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deliver: Acting Director of Management & Operations, Peace Corps Vanuatu, Level 1, Vila Mall Building, Pierre Lamy Street, Port Vila
Applications must be received at the Peace Corps Vanuatu Office no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, 27th October, 2017.