United States Peace Corps/Vanuatu
Peace Corps Vanuatu wishes to recruit a highly qualified Ni-Vanuatu professional as the Program Manager for the Literacy Project (LP). The LP Program Manager is a mid-level position in the Peace Corps Vanuatu Post, reports directly to the Director of Programming and Training and manages the LP Program. The LP Program trains volunteers to assist communities to achieve the Ministry of Education’s goals relating to Literacy. Volunteers seek to improve literacy by co-teaching, promoting the use of reading assessments, phonics or other techniques in rural primary schools.
Work Hours: Full Time, Monday – Friday, plus after hour emergencies. Candidate must have the ability to be flexible in order to respond to matters that may occur after work hours and on weekends; must be able to travel (and overnight at outer islands) on short notice.
Conditions of Employment:
- Vanuatu Citizen or possess or be able to obtain a valid work/resident Visa
- Able to pass a U.S. Embassy background security investigation
- Possess or be able to obtain a valid Vanuatu driver’s license
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- 3 years’ experience as a program or mid-level manager in public, NGO or private sector
- Some experience teaching in a formal classroom environment or conducting training
- Some experience working in a cross-cultural context
- Some experience working with an international organization
- Willingness to travel extensively (may be up to 30% domestically and internationally)
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office and other Windows-based office automation applications
- 5 or more years’ experience as a program manager in Education or Community Development
- A bachelor’s degree in Education, English as a Second Language, Project Management, Community Development or other related field
- Post-graduate, Master’s Degree or PhD in related field
- Experience as a team leader or supervisor with an international organization
- Experience teaching in a classroom environment or conducting training for expatriate volunteers
- Demonstrated experience interacting with and supporting volunteers preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency integrating multi-media into presentations and publications
- Training others
- Ability to design and develop highly interactive technical training sessions, utilizing technology, to Peace Corps Trainees and Volunteers who will serve as Teacher Advisors.
- Skill at delivering dynamic training sessions to Peace Corps Trainees, Volunteers, and community members in both English and Bislama.
- Skill at integrating multi-media (video, music, animation) into Microsoft PowerPoint or other presentation software.
- Representation of Peace Corps
- Ability to assess the impact of changes in governmental policies or standards on the operation of the MoET program.
- Ability to work with local communities to identify and develop appropriate placements for Peace Corps Volunteers, in conformance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Ability to represent Peace Corps to high government officials from Vanuatu, the U.S., and other diplomatic missions.
- Ability to contribute to the LP design within the framework established by Peace Corps headquarters via the annual LP project framework review.
- Skill at designing systems to track the requested number and quality of contacts with Peace Corps Volunteers, their communities, and school counterparts.
- Skill at resolving cultural and behavioral issues encountered by Volunteers at site involving the school, or community.
- Willingness to adapt to change and utilize inclusion as a strategy to enhance opportunities for innovation. Annual basic starting salary range for the position begins at VT2,900,000 to VT3,500,000. Candidates can obtain the full Statement of Work at the Peace Corps office or by emailing email@example.com
Candidates interested in this position should submit:
1) Cover Letter must address how the candidate meets the conditions of employment and required minimum qualifications;
2) Curriculum Vitae;
3) Three references with current contact information.
Acceptable methods of submission include:
- Mail: Director of Management & Operations, Peace Corps Vanuatu, PMB 9097, Port Vila Vanuatu
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deliver: Peace Corps Vanuatu, Level 1, Vila Mall Building, Pierre Lamy Street, Port VilaApplications must be received by Peace Corps Vanuatu no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, January 25th, 2019.